Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who was there, we know what a great day it was. For those of you who missed it, George and Charlie put on some great demos.

I was fortunate in that George Cook spent a fair amount of time with me, working on my casts, and letting me try some different lines out (I'll post under "tackle", too).

The "Day on the River" is a great resource, with tons of good folks and opportunity to learn.

Thanks again.

Tom

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Unfortunately, I only got to spend about an hour as I had to get back to the babysitter. Missed the introductions and the demo, but George sure brought out the new gear for everyone to toy with. It is a great resource.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
I second that

I was fortunate to have help at some point from all the guy's including Mike Kinney on true skagit style and proper aplication of power versus effect on casting,soft cast with distance and compact loop,have the cake and eating it too.I also was able to try some of the carron lines,the medium long version has to be one of the most pleasent line's I've ever cast.Thank's guy's.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll add my thanks to the guys (Aaron and Charles especially). I finally got out there, got some help and have been pointed in the correct direction. Thanks guys,

Eric

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Thank you George Cook and Crew of Anglers Rendezvous.

George Cook and Crew of Anglers Rendezvous you did great.
I would like to thank every one who came out and braved the weather and came out to the day on the river.

George your presentation was very good.

Charles your presentation good I even reviewed a few lost moments.

Eric and Chris thanks for all the help with the Instruction and helping with all the rod

Thanks for your support
:smokin:
Aaron

·
Spey junkie!
158 Posts
Thank you!

Thank you Aaron and George!

Unfortunately, I missed George's presentation, but had a very nice one on one casting lesson with him that more than made up for it!

I really liked the few Sage rods I tried, particularily the 7141-4 with the Skagit line, cheater, and sinktip. Quite a rockect!!

I hope to make it out there this weekend as well!

Cheers!
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts