Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 14' 8/9 5pc. yesterday and it casts as nice as it looks!! Bob's rods are soooo sweet. I got out for a few hour today but lightening started getting too close to my new rod! (and me)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
There's the old golfing joke about 'only God and lightning can hit a One Iron;' suspect this should be expanded to include "long rods." :eek:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Graphite

is a conductor. It would be a shame to think what making a lightening rod of one of Bob Meiser's beauties would look like, not to mention what it might do to the caster. Discretion has always been my choice when lightening is close.

·
Registered
713 Posts
so you got the 14' 8/9 that was a sweet rod. I cast it with you at the sandy spey clave. It had some power. I ordered the 15' 7/8 last week and I can't wait to see how nice it looks. I know it is going to fish well.
Take care
Mike

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Meiser has done himself proud with the MKS and Highlander Series rods he worked on this last year. I do have a question though, are Malcolm and I the only ones around here who like and use 16'ers? Such wee sticks those 14'ers. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
flytyer,

The 16'ers are awesome! The 7/8/9 lays them out there for sure...the 9/10/11 will cover the water with authority (unfortunately, I'm just not man enough to handle it for a full day on the water). The 7/8/9 is an incredible rod that affords great versitility. It is a dry line cannon and handles tips wonderfuly. You're not alone...

Chris

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Russ,

I thought the 16' 9/10/11 was a great rod! Very light in hand.
I have yet to try the 7/8/9. I wish meiz would send the 16' rods up are way. Hint, hint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts