Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I received my dunt from Mr. Reid he also sent me some irons, this is the first tied with those... I hope it's up to par! It's a simple pattern but I have always been drawn to it... looking back some taper in the hackle would have looked better and a bit more full in the collar, I opted for no topping as it really changed the overall look (for the negative) when I put one on. Any comments or critiques are appreciated.

THANK YOU JAMES!!
-Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,717 Posts
Stellar J

too pretty to fish is it not???

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the kind words guys! It is really encouraging to get this type of feedback from you all! I hope this flies next owner will feel it's good enough to tie on their tippet!

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
The way that amazing wing nestles into the gentle sweep of the tail is quite splendid. I need to attend a tying with you and Matt while it's raining so much!

I could catch the elevator on the learning curve!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off I'm honored that my flies would motivate you to try classics and secondly I would be happy to show the little bit that I know! I'm sure we will be tying while the rivers are blown, if not you are very welcome to make the trip out to my place too! Thanks Bob!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Wow Josh!

this fly is awesome! The wing is really nice, you did a great job of dressing this hook too.

I am happy that you dig the hooks brother, I will be interested to see what you tie on the 1/0 long shanks when you get around to dressing one.

Cheers.
James

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been thinking a lot about what to put on those irons James, I am currently getting my ass beat by the floodtide but I assume the razor will win that one tonight and I will wrap some Dees to unwind! Thanks again man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts