·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try the TFO 13'3"-8wt yet?

·
Registered
201 Posts
mjc, are you going to keep us in suspense, or are you going to tell us how you liked it?

I don't think too many folks have had a chance to try it yet, as it just cleared customs about a week ago.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm going to keep you in suspense. While I do have some on the way I haven't seen this rod yet myself.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats retail going to be? Is this a "Skagit specific" rod?
The retail is $249.95. I've been told it is "skagit specific" although I'm not exactly sure what that is. It may cast my midspey very nicely.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jamey, it is model TFO 08 133 4 P, 13'3" and was developed with primary input from our Skagit afficianado dealers and customers in the Northwest. The taper is completely different from the other TFO rods and was specifically designed for the new Skagit lines.

I fished it two weeks ago on the Salmon River NY and it DOES really feel like cheating.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am completely new to this, but I got a look at the TFO Skagit yesterday out here in Portland. Didn't get to cast it (in a parking lot), but it flexed way into the butt section compared to the other rods (TFO, Sage, and GLoomis). The rep and shop seemed pretty excited about it for NW fishing.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one report from a die hard skagit caster that it likes something under 615grns total.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I cast it with both the Rio Skagit 7/8 & 8/9 with a 15' intermediate tip. It does load deeply into the butt section.

I fished it with the 7/8 Skagit, the 8/9 felt way heavy to me.

As always, your mileage may vary.

I feel that it is an extremely easy rod to cast.

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Sandy Clave?

Anyone bring this rod to the Sandy Clave? Poppy?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am pretty sure Dick Segara the West coast TFO rep will have the new skagit rod with him so there will be lots of chances to take a test drive.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Opinions after the clave?

Just wondering what you fellas thought after getting a chance to play with this rod at the Sandy. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wondering what you fellas thought after getting a chance to play with this rod at the Sandy. Thanks in advance for any info.

I liked it. Are you ready to take a test drive?:smokin:

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Never got a chance

Either this rod spent a lot of time down at the beach, out on the grass, (a place I don't often go) or the TFO rep just wasn't around when I went looking. But for one reason or another, I never got to try this one.:(

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey JD, I wish I would have known that. I had one in my car that you could have tried to your hearts content.

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Oh Well

MJC said:
Hey JD, I wish I would have known that. I had one in my car that you could have tried to your hearts content.
Next time.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts