Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello selling my 13' 7\8W TFO DEERCREEK Spey rod (Just Rod) only used a handful of times last season in perfect condition comes with hard case. Only reason for selling is I got an 8\9 rod and have an 8W switch so this rod is not really necessary. As I am sure you all now TFO's have life time warranties and are quite easy to deal with if something comes up. Asking $270 OBO.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
What an awesome rod.....loved the ones I have cast for sure. Can't go wrong with this one. It won't last at that price either.
Mike Kinney and Bob Meiser designed and built this rod....how could you go wrong?

·
Registered
41 Posts
tfo 7/8

what lines does this rod like? What weight skagit, especially. is it heavy enough for winter fishing? I have a 7136 that is on the light side - for instance it likes a delta 6/7. I also have a beefy 9... looking for something in between for, say, the Eel river in winter. I am interested if it fits that bill.

jim

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That rod has a quite a large grain window, and it all depends on your casting style. I have always enjoyed a deeper load in my rods and moving up a line wt makes this rod rock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
what lines does this rod like? What weight skagit, especially. is it heavy enough for winter fishing? I have a 7136 that is on the light side - for instance it likes a delta 6/7. I also have a beefy 9... looking for something in between for, say, the Eel river in winter. I am interested if it fits that bill.

jim
It fishes well with a 540 or 570 g airflo skagit depending on your casting style. When playing steelies in the 8-10 lb. range it doesn't feel like you're overpowering them all, fish in 12-14 lb range presents no problems either, and I'm sure you could handle fish in the upper teens if you had to depending on the current of the river. I did hook a couple of LARGER feisty chums that I thought may have tested it's abilities but I still got them to shore in pretty short order.

Great all purpose rod....a little too much rod for pinks but fine for coho if you're able to get the darn things on the swing. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts