Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry that my second post is a classified- I did introduce myself in the general forum so you don't have to worry that I'm just here to sell stuff ;)

• Deer Creek Switch 8 wt. Used two times, caught one fish. Looks brand new other than some very slight cork discoloration. Sock and tube, no warranty card. Retails for $349.
Asking price $250.

Skagit setup: Used one time
• Rio shooting line, 100 ft .030 in dia, retails for $34.95
• Airflo Compact Skagit head, 660 grains *** retails for $48.95
• 2 Rio sink tips: type 3 and 6, 15 ft, 109 grains retail for $21.95 each
Total retail price: $127.80
Asking price: $100.00

Scandi setup: Used one time
• Guideline Shortcut DC floating head, retails for $74.98
• Guideline level running line 30 meters .027 dia, retails for $44.98
Total retail price: $119.96
Asking price: $100.00

***The guys at All About the Fly helped with the line setups for this. The Skagit heads rated for 600 grains did not quite weigh as advertised so a 660 grain head was cut back, giving the line a true weight of 600 grains to really load the rod.

Asking price: $450.00 plus shipping costs.

And now the thousand dollar question: Why am I selling this?
Simple answer: I'm getting a longer rod and can't justify keeping this setup

Serious inquiries please send me a PM. I can email more photos but can't seem to upload any others here.

Itchy

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lowered the price of the rod to $250, and the reel is no longer for sale.
$450 for the setup- heck of a good deal for someone.

If you're leery about me because I'm a new member, ask around- the guys from Washingtonflyfishing dot com know me.

Buy with complete confidence.

·
Registered
581 Posts
this is a painful thing to see when i have no money, damn recession! This is the exact rod i have been wanting to buy for salmon/steelhead fishing.

·
Spey junkie!
158 Posts
Wish I had the $$!

Can't believe you're selling this one.. wish I had the money for it! Great rod, I have the 5wt version of this rod with a number of lines.

Itchydog, has been on another forum for a long time and is a good guy, even if he got into his first steelhead so quick! :smokin:

Oh yeah, check out his children's books too! Don't know if it's okay to post a link, but just do a search for "Olive the Little Woolly Bugger". ;)

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,358 Posts
Itchydog,

My wife was reading an article to me recently about Olive the Wollly Bugger and asked if I knew you. Welcome to the Speypages.

sinktip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts