Registered
11,027 Posts
"...TiCrX conversion kits, which cost $149.95..... ":saeek:

Very, very pricie. Just my .02 cents.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Very, very pricie. Just my .02 cents.
It depends on how you look at it. There are a great many people using the TiCrX 7/8 rods. Some of them are getting a little older and single hand casting a 7/8 rod all day may not be as pleasant as it once was. The idea as I understand it is to convert their existing rod into a switch rod so they can use both hands and lessen the strain on one's body.

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Another angle

I think the idea is that for less than the price of two separate rods you can have a convertable set of sections that allows you to have two different rods. I don't see it as a swap out on the river type of thing. But as one or the other. Using different lines/heads for single/overhand, or double/spey casting applications.

Trying, perhaps, to fill the needs of one who cannot afford a garage full of rods. Recycle, if you will, three of the four sections of the 9' 4 pc rod and by replacing the butt section and adding another section you have a baby spey. One rod sock and tube cuts costs a bit more.

TFO is not the only one doing this. Gary Anderson also has some rods designs in this configuration. And it would not surprise me if Meiser or Buelah had them as well. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts