Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to buy another spool for my ross bg but found a teton 12 (not tioga) on ebay for a sweeet price, less than just a spool for the BG. Plus it has the rare nickel silver finish and I am a sucker for anything silver. I use these reels for my trout fishing and have been very happy with them. Expect them to peform just as well for steelhead.

So I was looking at the backing capacity and it looks like it is listed at 450yd 30# for a WF12 line. Anyone have any real experience with these reels and backing knowing full well fly reel makers like to overstate capacity.

I am hoping one of these days when my casting improves I could slap a 9/10 grand spey on it with room to spare.

-sean

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I acutally already won it..:devil:.

I have bought a ton of stuff on ebay (including stuff from the same guy) and never had a problem. Acutally have a few of the nickel finish ones in trout sizes and they are the real deal.

Looking forward to breaking it in down on the rogue.

-sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.