Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to buy another spool for my ross bg but found a teton 12 (not tioga) on ebay for a sweeet price, less than just a spool for the BG. Plus it has the rare nickel silver finish and I am a sucker for anything silver. I use these reels for my trout fishing and have been very happy with them. Expect them to peform just as well for steelhead.

So I was looking at the backing capacity and it looks like it is listed at 450yd 30# for a WF12 line. Anyone have any real experience with these reels and backing knowing full well fly reel makers like to overstate capacity.

I am hoping one of these days when my casting improves I could slap a 9/10 grand spey on it with room to spare.

-sean

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
Sean,

I have two of the 12LA Tetons. They hold a ton of line. The one had 300 yds of 30# dacron, and a 9-10-11 Windcutter with Upgrade. It still wasn't close to full so I pulled it all off and put the running line section from an old T-300 on first followed by the dacron and the WC +. No problem at all.

sinktip

By the way, work has been hell. I will try and touch base with you tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sean, I'm looking at the same reel on ebay, looks like we might be bidding each other. I'm just curious about the nickel silver finish, I've never seen one before thats why I'm a little skeptical and that I've never bought anything online, holds me back a little, anyways good luck on the bid.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I acutally already won it..:devil:.

I have bought a ton of stuff on ebay (including stuff from the same guy) and never had a problem. Acutally have a few of the nickel finish ones in trout sizes and they are the real deal.

Looking forward to breaking it in down on the rogue.

-sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts