Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any expierence with the IM6 Temple Fork
2 piece rod or any other Temple Forks rod? I have heard different things about them. I need a good beginner to intermediate rod and if these rods do what they say then it might be perfect for me. Thanks for the input.

J

·
0 Posts
I've had experience casting several of the single-handed Temple Forks rods, though all were four piece. They are, in my opinion, excellent casting rods for the money and in fact cast as well as some rods that cost three times as much. The cosmetics are nothing to get excited about. I am not aware that TFO has done anything in a double-handed rod.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Temple Fork

I have had the opportunity to cast a number of there one handed rods from 4-8 wt's. I recently purchased a 9' 6 wt model for smallmouth fishing. They are exceptional casting rods for the money. I have been told that they are using G-Loomis blanks to build there rods which would explain why they seem to cast so well. They are fairly fast actions rods that work. No frills or fancy cosmetics but for the money are unbelievable. I know that they cant seem to keep them on the floor at the local fly shop here! Good Luck and Tight Lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I am still not sure about pitching out another hundred+change to go with a sage setup. People have been telling me that the difference is night and day and that the lower priced sage rods will rival most $300-$400.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sage

You will not find a Sage that rivals the casting capability of the Temple Fork without throwing some serious coin out for an RPLXI or an XP. The lower ended sages such as the VPS, DS2 etc are nothing like the Temple Fork rods. They are much much slower in action and are not capable of throwing some larger flies and or sink tips in my opinion. I just sold my DS2 and picked up the Temple Fork 6wt. Now if we were talking two handed rods that would be a whole different story! Good Luck and Tight Lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered my rod. Should be here by next monday. I ordered the IM6 9ft 6wt Temple Forks rod. The person even gave me free shipping! What a deal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts