Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try or use these rods? Looking for an entery level rod and trying to make a decision between TFO and LL Bean rod. Thanks FishHawk.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just gathering info right now. Maybe a 12 foot 8wt rod. Not sure yet.Thanks for the imput. FishHawk

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
TFO, great rods, great price, great warranty. Take a test drive. I think you will be pleased.

The LL Bean rods have also had some positive comments lately. A search will turn those up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I own the 12' 6wt and love it. I feel it is light enough to trout fish with as well as being progressive enough to fight a steely. Great low/flow summer rod.

cb

·
Registered
646 Posts
The TFO series of spey rods are an excellent value.

The 12' 6" 6/7 wt is joy to fish. In fact, with a Skagit 450 it will handle up to a 15' type VIII with no problem. It handles dry lines nicely as well.

Another personal favorite it the TFO 15' 10wt paired with the Carron Jet Stream. For bigger wind on the Clearwater it is a really nice combination.

Take MJC up on his offer to send you one to demo. You'll be glad you did!

Chris

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Like Gator, I've got the 12-6 for 6/7; a joy to cast, inexpensive, and a good low water rod. Only thing I could do without is all that gold paint with Lefty K's name painted all over the butt section.:roll:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Only thing I could do without is all that gold paint with Lefty K's name painted all over the butt section.
I've got sandpaper:lildevl:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have used clients TFO 12'6" 8 weight and really liked it alot. His line was a windcutter multi tip 789. Casted really well. And a really good value compared to some of the big money rods that I have casted before.
Chris

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good value

I own a TFO 14' 9wt spey rod. Casts well overhead and spey, over 100 days on it with no complaints. 89 midspey, and 8910 windcutter are well matched with it.

Jay

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have the 9Wt 14'. I love it!!! I have a midspey 9/10, can cast all the heads 80' plus with little effort. A great bargain for a start up rod, very forgiving to cast!!!

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts