Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Someone was just talking about danielson suing loop over loops new reels, I am wondering if anyone thinks its odd that danielson is using loops name to sell its reels, by that I mean using the web site loopusa.com Seems kind of unseemly to me?? :confused:

·
Banned
974 Posts
Domain Name

The law is very clear in the US and internationally, Trademarks always win over domain name registration. If Loop really wanted the loopusa.com domain name, it would be transferred to them. Regardless, I am surprised that Danielsson does not register/use a more appropriate domain name for the US market. Loop does have this new site for the US market: http://www.loopnorthamerica.com/

The rumor about a Danielsson - Loop suit over the reels is interesting. If true, I wonder if it will delay/prevent the Loop reels from arriving here. I, for one, am interested in hearing a report of the new Loop reels. Are they available in Europe yet? Has anyone seen them yet? I would like to add two new spey reels this year and I am torn between Islander and Danielsson/Loop. Being able to change spools easily appeals to me.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Regardless, I am surprised that Danielsson does not register/use a more appropriate domain name for the US market.

Danielsson have its international and US site with start s with :danielsson-flyreels.se etc.
Loopusa.com site belongs to former Loop distributor mangroveboats. Actually if you go to this site you will find link to mangroveboats and fly reel only.
Danielsson name is not even mentioned on the first page.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
have you heard? This entire story is so entrancing that soap-opera producers and directors have caught on, and are transforming it right now into a special midday, made-for-TV movie, "Speys of Our Lives."

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Hey Tip...

Maybe you and I should collaborate on a screen play. Since we know a lot about hotpants and jailbait I'm sure we can write something that will play well in "tinseltown". :whoa:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Mike,

I plead the 5th on this one lest John Ashcroft and the morality police get me on their hitlist. It is about time though for the hotpants to start showing in these parts and I can imagine over in your neck of the woods, the jailbait is already swinging about. There is sure something about both of them that gets a males attention :smokin:

'tip

·
Registered
58 Posts
Loops and Lawsuits

Steve,
You are too, too clever. It's hard for me to keep up.
Stan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi

The new Loop reels are just arrived in the shops in Europe, I guess last week. I have seen them and to me they look OK. The brake seems smooth and feels reliable. but with my profession as tool maker/engineer I can see that the machinery finish are way lower than the Danielson reels and not comparable to other "state of the art" reels like Abel, Bauer and Nautilus. As with other Loop products, they seems enpensive compared to other China/east made reels.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dornblaser said:
The law is very clear in the US and internationally, Trademarks always win over domain name registration. If Loop really wanted the loopusa.com domain name, it would be transferred to them. Regardless, I am surprised that Danielsson does not register/use a more appropriate domain name for the US market. Loop does have this new site for the US market: http://www.loopnorthamerica.com/

The rumor about a Danielsson - Loop suit over the reels is interesting.

I talked with the north american distributor and he stated that Loop first asked danielson to remove all loop logo's, and danielson complied. I am preety sure that he said they asked danielson to not use the <domain name of non sponsor>, and obviously they have not complied. He seemed to be under the impression that since the site was registered by a loop distributor their is nothing they can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.