Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be taking a break from the site for a while. As co-founder, I am very disappointed in the way some folks, albeit a small population out of many thousands, perceive this site as an entitlement as opposed to a gesture of someone else's generosity of time, effort and dedication. This is a recurring theme, not just a recent matter. After four years, I have grown very tired of it and need a break.

I will continue to maintain the business end 'behind the curtain'. The domain "flyfishingforum.com" (the server for this forum) is up for renewal, and I will renew it promptly so that there is no interruption in service.

I will continue to contribute to the site outside of the forum, and build the banner ads for sponsors that support the site.

Technical issues are in the capable hands of Sean, and the moderators continue to uphold the standard we set for the best flyfishing site on the internet.

In any case I will not be spending quite so much time as I need to attend to many important family and personal matters that have gone to the wayside lately. Like Dana, I simply can not justify the commitment to what I've started, but for me it's about value systems and appreciation, or lack thereof.

If you decide to direct questions toward me as public inquiries on this forum, please keep in mind that it will not serve as an effective means of communication and I probably will not see it. Again, this is not a sign of my dedication to customer service, but rather a sign that you have chosen the wrong medium to reach me. No offense intended.

For CND matters, email [email protected] or call 978 449-0077 fax/voice

For Chatham Angler Guide Service, check the ChathamAngler.com site for contact info

For all inquiries pertaining to the site please use [email protected]

Thanks and enjoy the site!

·
Registered
62 Posts
taking a break

i am not sure of the reason for a farewell post like this; but you will be missed!thanks and enjoy your time away.

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
Sorry to see you Go!

Juro,

I hope that you are not taking off because of recent posts about CND and those discussions. You guys know what you're about so to hell with the opposition. I certainly take for granted you being on the board and sharing with us to the extent that you do. It speaks highly of you and your company. I dont see Sage, T&T, Winston, Loomis, Loop, etc ever get involved on the board with the nitty gritty of their products. The Loomis guys come in every once in a while to let us know whats upcoming, but its not the same level of contribution that you throw out there. I hope the recent discussions arent causing you to bail. I most certainly appreciate your willingness to share. Hopefully, you'll be back once things settle down again. Maybe I'll run into you again on the river - since we have a tendancy to "bum" around the same rivers! Take Care

Jay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kawaasani

Walkabout?
Good for the Soul, my friend!
Observe and Ponder
It will be revealed.

I remain, wishing you large, silver fish
Deerhawk

·
Registered
637 Posts
Your community and support will be missed,

but I understand. In any gathering so large, there's bound to be friction. It's unfortunate, but generally true, that the negatives are far more noticeable and memorable than the positives.

I hope it's always been about the fishing, and that, therefore, you now find more time to dedicate to them as well as your family.

Regards,
Carl

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
"I'll be taking a break from the site for a while. As co-founder, I am very disappointed in the way some folks, albeit a small population out of many thousands, perceive this site as an entitlement as opposed to a gesture of someone else's generosity of time, effort and dedication. This is a recurring theme, not just a recent matter. After four years, I have grown very tired of it and need a break."

As proven by the election this Tuesday, at least 49% of the voters feel they are entitled for free lunches where ever/whenever they want them.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and the invaluable help you have been to most of us and particuliarly me.

If you are ever in the N. California to fish, give me call.

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having thought this over a while I realize that the good that comes from friendships, adventures and experiences on the site eclipses anything else and I am just happy to be a member of Dana's Spey community.

The sentiments I expresssed in the original post are now outdated and frankly I feel like a dumbass. This should teach me to post less and practice more restraint... as in post waaaaaaaay less, and practice waaaaaaaay more restraint.

I will be vewy vewy quiet for a while, but I'll be here. You can reach me via PM, email, etc for questions, comments or just to say hello.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm glad to hear it.

frankly, even though i've never directed a post at you, your information especially with regards to "Casting Science" far outweighs that which i've paid good money to read.

--
Keith.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please elaborate

Grampa Spey said:
"

As proven by the election this Tuesday, at least 49% of the voters feel they are entitled for free lunches where ever/whenever they want them.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, just curious if you have the time to elaborate.
Michelle

·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OFFLINE! :eek: ;) :wink: :biggrin: :hihi:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts