Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody has idea why model of T&T has to be use for underhand cast with Scandinavian shooting had?
In their catalog there are very few information’s.

Klops

·
Registered
869 Posts
pretty much any of the T&T's would be good for that style as they are pretty fast, progressive actions. the 1307, 1208 and 1308 are good on the light end and the 1309 or 1409 are great for the heavier work. shooting head to mid length lines really shine on these rods but they are also very capable to cast long bellies as well. i am not so familiar with the big rods but they all have similar actions. i personaly love the 1208 with a 35-40' 500+ grain S.H. for close quarters.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dou you have on mind their 3 or 4 pieces rod?
What is different in action of them?
Do somebody has an idea about weight of this rod?
As I know for single hand they are little heavier than most of another brands bat how with double?

·
Sibbe
19 Posts
They are good for scandinavian style. Not the fastest rods but great fishing rods.

I have Power Taper and Loop lines on my rods.

15'0, #10, 5-pice. 35-38gram, 11.5-13m.
14'0, #9, 5-pice. 30-33gram, 11-12m.
13'0, #9, 4-pice. 28-31gram, 10,5-11,5m.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have the 14' 9 and also am using the PowerTapers at around 500 grains/33 grams. It's working out very well, if I could just cast as well as my Scandanavian bretheren I'm sure it would be even better. I've also has the 13' 8 wt. in my hands and it's almost a mirror of the 9 wt., just a bit lighter in the tip.

I think Nick calls the 9 wt. the "pickup truck of spey rods". It's pretty much done everything I've asked. Shooting heads, overhead in the surf, slinging pink jigs with a Skagit line (shh, don't tell anyone), long bellies, longer bellies, the works. 65' Carron is my favorite line on it but the shooting heads are very useful.

-Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts