Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for fast 14' for UH-cast with shootingheads and thought that 14' T&T might be my "weapon"
There's a lot of discussion about #9 14' T&T in here but haven't found any comments about 1410-3.
I've already had Sage 10140-3, 9141-4 and Loop green 14' so could you compare T&T's to these?

br
--jarno

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
The T&T 1410-3 is a fast 14 ft 9/10 rod. This is Trey Combs rod of choice when winter steelheading because it handles 10 wt sink tips with ease. Trey also usually fishes it with a 9/10/11 WindCutter line. It is also a very powerful overhead rod when used with heavier shooting heads or Skagit/Scandanavian style short spey heads.

It is quite a bit faster than the Sage 9141 and has a lot more reserve power in the butt than the Sage as well. To me, it feels faster than the Loop Green. It is faster than the Sage 10140-3 as well. The T&T 1410-3 has a very smooth action that progressively loads more of the blank with increasing casting load.

If I were in the market for a 14 ft 9/10 rod, I would get the T&T 1410-3 over the others currently available. It is a rod that I've been seriously considering getting for my wife for late winter/early spring steelhead and fall chum because she likes faster rods too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts