Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
It is the 1309.

Remember T&T only provides a single line rating on their rods and they always use what would be the higher number of the more or less standardized 2-line designation of spey lines. This means the 1309 is what most other manufacturers call an 8/9, and the 1308 is what most others call a 7/8.

You will find the T&T 1309 a very fine 8/9 2-hander that is a little slower than the 13' 8/9 GLX. Both the T&T and the GLX are wonderful, fast recovering, stiffer 8/9 132' rods and are good choices for those who like faster rods.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Flytyer!

Unfortunately, T&T:s aren´t that well known in Sweden (much due to a weird dealer, who charge ridiculous money for these rods). I´ve heard from people that "T&T:s are very much like GLX:es but more well-built". Any truth in that?

Is there a significant difference between T&T rods and Loomis rods, generally speaking?

During our recent trip to River Gaula in Norway, I got a chance to really try out the 13´GLX and it´s a wonderful rod.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I wouldn't say that the T&T rod is better than the GLX, not would I say that the GLX is better than the T&T. They are very close is recovery rate, power, tip strength, and action; however, the T&T has a flex profile that is a bit more parabolic than the very linear flex profile of the GLX. These are my two favorite rod makes and I own and use models made of both T&T and GLX rods. One is not better than the other, they have a slightly different "feel" because of the different flex profile.

The T&T has a mid-section which is slightly more flexible than the GLX, which is why it has more of a parabolic flex profile and the GLX a more linear flex profile. I'd venture to say that if a person likes T&T rods, he will also like the GLX rods and vice versa. The people you have heard from that T&T and GLX are are very much alike are accurate in their assessment.

Since you live in Loop country, you ought to take a look at the Loop Green Series because they are very similar to the T&T and GLX rods. And since Loop is a "home company", they will undoubtedly be lower priced than the T&T or GLX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flytyer you would think that the price of a loop rod would be must less here but it is not, I buy and import my rods from the US and I can get a sage rod for the price of a loop rod. PS I am an American working here in Sweden and If you want to know a little more on this just ask and I will tell.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flytyer: Thanks a bunch! I really like parabolic actions (like my B&W) but I´ve also been very impressed by the GLX:es.

Amex & Flytyer: I would NEVER buy an American rod from a Swedish dealer, the pricing is just ridiculous. For example: a 13´ GLX is around $730 in the States. Expressed in USD, in Sweden, you ´d have to shell out something like $1300 for the same rod! I´d rather use the service of a friend visiting the US; go there myself; kindly ask *freeriders* such as amex ( :) ) or buy from a dealer in Germany, Holland etc. I found a store in Holland called pikefly that sells the T&T:s at a fair price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts