Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, started with an idea, and lots went wrong, broken hackle, collapsed married wing, etc, so salvaged it to this, been a long week and just wasn't focused, but was just happy to be at the bench, and that is all that matters, and the fish don't care anyway ive been told, :wink2:, Cameron

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,894 Posts
Oh my ... I agree with Shawn :whoa:

What's not to like about this fly Cameron ?? It's very well tied, has good material choice (love the orange herl butt btw), great placement and excellent profile !!
It's a winner for the wallet :smokin:
In case you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of your work :D:D

Mike

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents, trust me, i like the outcome, and will definitely try again with my original thought, and this one will be going for a swim after this huge storm passes and the river falls into shape, cameron

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Cameron, I very much like everything about this fly and would not hesitate to tie more and be confident in swinging it. But, BUT what I don't like is how messy my fly tying desk is compared to yours! Man, it typically takes me 5 minutes to properly put stuff away from a previous tie! Again, that fly is a beauty.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Gotta love everything about that tie, Cameron. How well do your more traditional patterns fish on your local rivers? Was up your way before Thanksgiving and fished my usual patterns, am never up there long enough to experiment.

I’m Watching the wind start to scream and black clouds roll in here east of Sac at the moment - looks like there should be plenty enough rain coming in to open all the North Coast rivers.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
. But, BUT what I don't like is how messy my fly tying desk is compared to yours! Man, it typically takes me 5 minutes to properly put stuff away from a previous tie! Again, that fly is a beauty.
LOL, yeah, i bring my kitchen ethic to my bench, like I always tell my young cooks, "clean line, clean mind" if your station is clean and organized you can just work more efficiently with a calmness in the chaos of our world. But trust me there are times when i just let it go and i have to spend some time putting things back, which can be a nice relaxing time, planning the next fly, Cameron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts