Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever actually used a T-120 head? Thoughts?

Where to get one other than the ACA?

Can I just make one from lead core or something similar if I am using it for fishing?

This is with a Daiwa 18' 10-12

BEst-

brooklynangler

M

·
0 Posts
Try your friendly Scientif Anglers agent. I've got one, too heavy for my Talon, is 1851gns and 54 feet long, 20lb breaking strain, designed as a totally competition line. Pretty heavy stuff. Max

·
Registered
229 Posts
Brooklyn,

There may be only one rod that can handle the T-120: the G. Loomis TF 204-4 (17'); it's a real brute, and not a lot of fun to cast for more than about five minutes.

If express mail delivery across multiple time zones is your primary concern, go with the Airflo ST-12 Di7 45' Expert Head: when it absolutely, positively has to get from here to way over there.

See our sponsor: www.rajeffsports.com.

M

·
0 Posts
I have an Airflo #9 45 ft head, fast sinking. About as useful as a hole in the head on the Loop 12' 8/9 Blackline since it weighs only 360gns.. I think the 6 was printed upside down. VBG I looked at a 12# but only for the Loop, it weighs 600gns, but it's not enough weight for the Talon. Would suit the Loop. But it has a mono core, like elastic really.
I have decided that in the future I'm sticking to Loop for heads. At least they seem to know whats what, and whats necessary.
The T120 can be cut to fit a Meiser 13x13, just cut a 10 foot chunk of the rear, but the problems are still there.

Rather interesting exercise, breaking into overhead DH rods in any length. Not a lot of knowledge and/or expertise around the shop. But the potential is enormous, if people can get their heads around it. The area of usage in Australia covers the whole Island, with few exceptions. Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts