Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has any expereince using this reel on a spey rod. was thinking about picking up one of these for my 14 ft 3 and 13 ft 4 spey rod. they weigh 8.2 oz. thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Since no one replies, so here I am. Just bought one around $250. Its line capacity is slightly larger than that of Ross Canyon 6. Will try it out in December during my winter vacation in Honolulu. Local fly tackle shop owner has high regards toward this reel. He likes it better than Ross Canyon. The owner is a honest guy because he has been recommended me good stuffs even when their prices are lower than alternatives (sometimes from the same manufacturer) that are available in his shop.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
I played with one a few weeks ago at a speyclave and was actually impressed with the design upon closer examination. very sturdy reel, nice drag and smooth wind. Either Ross or the torque will be a great addition for you rods.

I am not sure about the whole " how much backing do I need" argument, so I stick with a standard 200 yards, and on a ross bg6 and midspey there is some room left over.

Good luck,
Vinnie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts