Spey Pages banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have really enjoyed this thread! Thanks. How about some more pictures of the flies? I love all of the banter. How does the auction work? Where and when?

All the best, Scott.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm certainly glad we gave ourselves the long date to complete. 2022 came in hitting harder than I could've imagined. My best friend and co-worker passed suddenly on 1/5/22 which honestly was the first time I literally felt shock in my life. We've all had our share of hardships I'm sure but this definitely caught me off guard. Needless to say I haven't yet produced anything but I still plan on making it happen. Life has just reached a new normal that I'm not quite used to yet, but I will find a way to work it out as tying is a good therapy 🤙. I suppose I'm announcing this as a way to help remind folks to reach out to those you've been meaning to contact, to make time for those you still can enjoy it with as we never know when it may be our last time. And for those tiers new and old, ask that question you've been meaning to ask, reach out for that material you've always wanted, make that hook or dye those feathers you've been meaning to and tie that fly that won't leave your mind.

Best to all of you,
Shawn

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
My condolences to you and his family, sorry for your loss Shawn.

·
Registered
RL Winston, David L. Reid, Hardy
248 Posts
I’m sorry to hear that Shawn. I hope you can find some solace in tying like you mentioned.

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Received the first 2 boxes of flies…. I HAVE TO SAY YOU GUYS HAVE SET THE BAR HIGH DENNIS AND MIKE!!!! All the way down to the packaging 😍 … phew, I’m gonna need a professional photographer when I get the whole lot together…. 100 Glasso flies is EPIC!

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Shawn….i am very sorry for your loss. I just went through a hard one myself. If you want to take some time and bow out, i am happy to tie a set in your place. Peace my friend. Time heals
This year has been a rough start, I’m sorry Matt for your loss. It is commendable for you to step in! I’m 100% sure I speak for all, what ever is worked out is fine, no worries, no probs!

121 - 133 of 133 Posts