Spey Pages banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Some real beauties there Dennis! is that Kenya crested guinea I'm seeing on the collar? :love: should you run out of turkey, at the very least I can help you with white if you wish to dye some.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Good eye Shawn that is Kenya crested which I prefer and the wing material is the real stuff called out on the original. I tried to stay to all original materials the only material difference is the kenya guinea.

·
Registered
519 Posts
After collecting materials I have found out that I am short on appropriate length Teal. I will switch over and give the polar shrimp some love

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Those are stellar Dennis!!

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
#aflyanight
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Question for the group… in my research for the Courtesan fly I see 2 versions, one with a GP breast wing and another with hackle tips. Which one did Syd actually tie? I like the GP breast feather version best and plan on replicating that one but was curious which was the variant and which was the first… thx for the history lesson in advance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Finished the flies for the swap, hope you guys enjoy these.
This is just a great set Dennis

I have been checking this thread every now and then to see how everyone has been doing with this awesome challenge.

It’s not easy at all to tie up a a couple of nice Glasso flies….let alone nearly a dozen!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
This is just a great set Dennis

I have been checking this thread every now and then to see how everyone has been doing with this awesome challenge.

It’s not easy at all to tie up a a couple of nice Glasso flies….let alone nearly a dozen!!
Thanks, this Glasso pattern is my favorite of his and I have tied quite a few which makes this an easy choice for me. I ended up tying a few more for myself with a different throat hackle.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts