Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of these are from several weeks ago for a recent trip to Pineville, NY. I didn't connect to any fresh fish then.
Artificial fly Fishing bait Bait Fishing lure Spoon lure

Then, a few days ago on The Appomattox River, 20 minutes from my place:
Striped Bass - 26.5 "
Fish Fish Bass Bony-fish Fishing bait

And the one, an old tie form a previous post:
Artificial fly Fishing lure Feather Bait Fishing bait

Anyhow - Hope all are doing well and getting theirs. I'm sitting out this polar blast as long as I can...

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys and - yes this striper hit the olive/black married-wing. It was a total chance encounter. I went out to do some casting without expecting much action. Maybe a smallmouth, definitely not this anadromous striper. I stepped to the waters edge and made two false-casts to get the head out of the guides. On the first cast, one good mend and let the fly settle to begin swimming across the riffle at a head. The rod simply started pumping just like when a steelhead grabs. No aerial displays, but some very determined runs well into the backing. Then a little bit of hunkering down and dogging me some more. Quite the Game-fish.

I was asked for close-ups of the three:
Fishing lure Artificial fly Bait Fishing bait Spoon lure

Artificial fly Fishing lure Bait Fishing bait Spoon lure

Fishing lure Fish Bait Fishing bait Fish

Thanks again and for the interest.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I love all three of those flies, very very nice, you nailed it, make more!

Are you a southpaw by any chance?

J

·
Administrator
20,297 Posts
Great stuff Vic !!
Like Adrian said , your flies have such class , they catch the attention of both fish and fishermen .
I caught my first striper this year on the Margaree .... actually three , I agree they put up quite the battle !!

Mike

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Pure class. I don't care what type of fish you are fishing for, when you catch one on a classic, there is no better feeling. Well played.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.