Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ded Heron
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been meaning to sling this fly together for a while after seeing a fly tied by A. O. a while back. I probably should've spent a bit more time on it as there are a couple of elements I could have done a better job with. Haste makes waste as they say. Next one will see some improvements.

Rock on

Dustin

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
I see some great "elements" in this fly :smokin::smokin:
Got me thinking of bright sunny days and cool water .... thanks for posting !!

Mike

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I'm hardpressed to find anything wrong with that fly. In fact, everything looks perfect as planned and tied. I guess the only thing wrong is that it won't last long in the water since it will get chewed early and often. Bingo Bango Bongo comes to mind:smokin:

·
Ded Heron
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure did turn out nice, and the toppings look great. You must have some trick, or really good luck with toppings.
Pretty much hate golden pheasant in all its forms. I sure hope it's tasty on the grill, cause when it comes to throwing the bits on a hook it gives me a headache.
I did see Davey McFail take his bodkin and run the crests up and down to adjust how they sit. Seems to help. Still, the more I get into this classically oriented stuff the more i dislike how much trouble crests are. Still prefer speys and dees more.

Cheers

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Stunning!

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts