Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip to Southwest Washington and Oregon for summer steelhead. I have the second half of May and most of June to fish. I already plan to fish a few rivers in SW Washington with a buddy who lives in Vancouver, but have no idea where to fish in Oregon. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Can you postpone the trip a bit? You are going to be early for summer runs. Maybe some fish in the N. Umpqua but not going to be prime time anywhere. Could hit some great trout fishing though.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
As for Oregon, you could try the Sandy and Clackamas as they have some early hatchery summer runs by May. The North and South Santiam, along with the MF Willamette and McKenzie will have some hatchery summer by then as well. The MF Willamette is my homewater so PM if need more info.

Todd

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Troutpunk - I cannot postpone the trip as I leave for another summer in Alaska in late June. I figured I'd be a little early, but fortunately I don't have much else to do so I figured I might as well try.

Todd - Thanks so much for the info. I have heard a lot about both the Sandy and the Clackamas. Not so much about the others though. I will definitely shoot you a PM soon. Thanks again and I very much enjoy your blog. Keep it up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts