Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being out on the low flows this sat. I thought it wouldn't hurt to downsize a few of my flee's....

Since i'm on a tented wing thing...i did the steelheads caddis in two versions with goose....always love j.c. but plain and more "tented" looks fishy....

also my version of a rough grouse...i don't have that for the wing so sub. mallard

little flee's for little water...

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,093 Posts
Very fishy Paul, great work !!
I like the JC nails, but that's just me :roll:
You can't go wrong with a peacock body any time of year :smokin:

Mike

·
Dreamer
525 Posts
Man, those arent even close to little. They are nice flies, though.

I remember fishing to rising atlantic salmon with a similar pattern, the same fly actually, a steelhead coachman, only with a hair wing and tied upon a size 14 double. There were atlantic salmon rising on natural caddis just as a trout do. They wouldnt look at any other fly other than this little Coachman.

It was actually a couple buddies taking turns on fish (I had already had some joy whereas they had not so I was sharing the experience and all that). I was standing on the overlook shouting down to them to get their swings right, letting them know they moved one and to give it a little more line, etc.

They hooked a couple, but failed to keep them on. Usually these little doubles dont come loose, but I think maybe they were 'sipping' them and not getting hooked well rather than actually taking them as they normally would.

Anyway, good luck with those.

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Flee..? What's flee?

Nice flies by the way!

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
I would have to side with the JC as well but the both look awesome. What size are those? I need to copy those and fish them in July on the Ump.

KC

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm on 2's and that is getting kind of tough with the goose wings, hair i can tie way down on..but i'm interested in seeing how these are in the water..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts