Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations based on experience for floating line and sinking leader setups that compliment a Sage 9' 6wt XP for single handed spey casting for smaller waters/fish (NorCal and So Oregon)? Does a 7wt Rio AS/S work better than a 6wt? If I want to have the option to use Airflow 10' Salmon sinking leaders do I need to cut back the taper and install a looped tip to be optioned with the Airflow? Do the Loop leaders work better for this application? Anyone have the details on arig that works well? Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reference for loop to loop construction

I remember that someone in the past had a post that described the construction of the loops that facilitate cutting the front taper so that this can be accomplished. Anyone remember the reference?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Do a search using the term loops and you will find more then you might want to know on making loops.
In fact I was looking for just that info when I read Dana's article on building a winter line. From there it was a steady progression until I now own a tiny fly shop specializing in spey rods. BE CAREFUL! :whoa:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts