Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I purchased a line I didn't need from GR8LAKES FLYER because he offered to include a couple of his tied in hand flee's. Well they arrived yesterday and all I can say is wow. A couple according to him was eight. Now I am stressed out because I have to decide which one to swing first. Part of me wants to frame them and never fish them, but I know that is not why they were tied or given to me. Another thing stressing me out is which rod will I use to swing the first one of these beautiful flee's. To further add to the stress is that we have been experiencing a winter storm with the rivers icing up and will likely not be able to swing one for at least a week. One thing for sure when I am able to fish one these and have decided which rod and river, it will be on floating line with long leader with a breaking strength of at least 15 lb's so that I don't break one off on the bottom or a fish. I don't need that kinda stress. :chuckle: So if any of you in the handtyer's want to stress me out send me some of your flee's. With any luck I will have to take stress leave from work. :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,141 Posts
Geez Troy , I didn't mean cause you any stress :chuckle::chuckle:
Glad you recieved the line and flees and are satisfied with everything :)

I had my mind set on sending you a Spey Dog and a wintery Dee pattern that has worked for me in the past .... but it seemed skimpy , so I tried to give you a bit of a variety , not knowing the rivers that you fish , just kind of guessed at it . But figured who doesn't fish a Black Heron or an Orange Heron for that matter ?? Can't go wrong with a Thunder & Lightning and the McPherson and Tippet Shrimp looked really fishy to me so they had to go too ... that Spirit Fly had so much POP I couldn't help but think it may produce a fish for you ..... sorry :razz::razz:

Mike

·
Registered
823 Posts
Dude is a solid member of the pages. stuff like this just proves it. Seen that handle/moniker associated with nothing but cool.

·
Swingin for Chrome
132 Posts
Awesome flies and story! Love this type of stuff I still have Mikes flies myself, sitting in a wooden box have sunk a couple but they sure are pretty!

Mike is an awesome dude for sure!

cheers,

Mikey

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sigh ... these 'old paper backs' set the standard.

For everything else that followed. Only problem with the current publications, save for a page or two, nothing is really "new." Different rods/lines, but the old ones all worked just fine. A Book Buy? You want the 'original.' Information is dead on and timeless and the writer's cut right to the chase; almost a total absence of fill up pages of writer's BS.

'Old Guys really do know their stuff.' So we'd like to think. :roll:

fae

·
Registered
15 Posts
Old guys do know their stuff... right up to the point when they are too salty to give a hoot haha.. Other than that I would be stressed figuring out what to fish as well.. and then stressed again wondering if I made the right choice lol!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I know your pain, as well as most other regular contributors here as Mike is one of the most generous and talented members we have. Thanks for sharing this and even more so thanks for being the guy you are Mike, you inspire us all my friend!

·
Administrator
18,141 Posts
Wow guys , you're making me blush :p:p
Thank you for the kind words guys . It's very easy to share with such a great group of ladies and gentlemen we have here !!
I consider it an honor for you guys to swing my flies and to have my flies swing in waters that I may never get a chance to fish ... very cool !!

Alpine4x4 , your chance is coming , I'll be listing a few reels in the next couple weeks :hihi::hihi:

Josh , did you recieve your package yet ??

Mike

·
Registered
263 Posts
Reels

Hi Mike,

I want first dibs on the Speyco:devil:...

Yes, I've also had the opportunity to fish Mike's flies and hooked 4 salmon on one of them all in a couple hours...

Alan

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the support guys, I know I will make it through this. I spent most of the day yesterday looking at these beauties and as of consequence I never got any of my "Hunny Do" list done so I can add some more stress to my life. Today I plan on spending the day planning and scheming on where I will fish these flee's. Thanks again Mike. You are a true gentleman.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow guys , you're making me blush :p:p
Thank you for the kind words guys . It's very easy to share with such a great group of ladies and gentlemen we have here !!
I consider it an honor for you guys to swing my flies and to have my flies swing in waters that I may never get a chance to fish ... very cool !!

Alpine4x4 , your chance is coming , I'll be listing a few reels in the next couple weeks :hihi::hihi:

Josh , did you recieve your package yet ??

Mike
Just what I need:chuckle:

·
Administrator
18,141 Posts
Hi Mike,

I want first dibs on the Speyco:devil:...

Yes, I've also had the opportunity to fish Mike's flies and hooked 4 salmon on one of them all in a couple hours...

Alan
I remember you telling me the story of that fly Alan !! So cool !! This is why I enjoy giving out flies !!
I think this was the fly , the Grave Digger , a variation of the Undertaker .

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts