Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any ideas about ways to store spey/dee flies? I'm thinking something deep enough that won't crush wings, yet is big enough to hold 50-75 flies. What do you all use?

·
Registered
149 Posts
OK, this may sound weird, but it works for big feathered flies. I got a couple of empty plastic boxes similar to those that "Swiffer" wet floor wipes come in, lined the bottom with a foam sheet that originally came with some electronic thing, and managed to store quite a few big flies so feathers didn't crush. It was all otherwise trash, so it made for a good free :hihi: fly box and recycled stuff to boot. It creates a box about 1 1/2 inches deep by 5 in by 10 in.

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Fly Mate

The FlyMate XXL boxes I sell hold plenty of 3/0 to 5/0 size Speys in safety. It took me a few years to find a box with the necessary depth but this one is it. They are foam with magnetic closure and also very reasonable in price, $16.

·
cast,mend,stumble,swear..
194 Posts
C and F Saltwater Box...

Solid foam w/ the long slits... I tie up to 3/0 spey flies on bartleets and this box has worked well for me in not crushing wings or messing w/ hackles. a bit expensive, but essentially bullet proof.
Feiger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts