Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new Winston B2X 13'3"-7/8 rod was taken from the Red Shed on 3/16/12. The serial # is 183284. The bag and tube was not taken. This rod has been placed on Winston's stolen rod list.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Poppy,
This is incredible!! You have been so helpful to everyone trying out new lines or rods. I hope the thief is caught and strung up by his 'you know whats'. There is no excuse for this type of behavior.

Doug

·
Registered
333 Posts
re Stolen Winston

This is a tragedy.I have not had the pleasure of dealing directly with Poppy but did have the oportunity to ask him some questions via this site.
I have heard that he bends over backwards to help people and this is what he gets??.Disgusting and outradgeous.
A pox on the thief.
Keith

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I have met and dealt with Poppy, and his whole operation is based on a lot trust with his clientelle. Someone took advantage of this trust, they will be caught and ... (fill in your preferred version of justice). All hands on deck, watch the classifieds and the auction houses for a quick sell on this Winston. Poppy, I think the police can put out a watch for all of the 'legal' pawn shops, I trust you've reported this to them (???). This really torques my coffee grinder, Poppy's service to this community is precious, screwing with this pains me to no end.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nickel or Graphite?
It had a nickel reel seat. No test drive involved here.

While Mrs RedShed is still frothing a bit I'm moving on with my life. I mainly posted about this deal so someone wouldn't buy a stolen rod, have a mishap and find out the sad details when they tried to get it repaired.

I do run things with a lot of trust in my customers and that won't be changing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Too Bad that people choose to be scumbags. It's unfortunate that we live in a society of greedy bastards. The Moral Compass of America is tilted and we have the obligation to call these "SOB's" out. This is wrong...............I hope you pay dearly for your wrong doings............I'll gotten gains will pay in the end.

Sorry to hear about this Poppy,
I know that you have and will continue to do great things for this lifestyle.

May these bastards pay in the end.

Austin

·
Registered
292 Posts
While Mrs RedShed is still frothing a bit I'm moving on with my life. I mainly posted about this deal so someone wouldn't buy a stolen rod, have a mishap and find out the sad details when they tried to get it repaired.

I do run things with a lot of trust in my customers and that won't be changing.

I've had the good fortune to run four different fly shops in my life. In all the hours and all of the hundreds of customers I can still remember each and every time that I was ripped off, and two attempts that didn't go as planned. The point being, and I think Poppy would agree, this comes with the trade and the rare individual that does so in a fly shop would make a Wal-Mart manager swoon in comparison. The good completely obliterates the bad.

I'll keep an eye out Poppy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I only know Poppy from reputation, but what a shame. That rod will surely carry some bad karma now. I smell a riverside leg break for the lowly person that did it. Bad form.

Cheers
Tom

·
registered text offender
1,330 Posts
someone that probably hasn't a clue what that long geen stick is used for.
may they be whipped , stripped, fried than tried !

·
Scandit sublima virtus
2,249 Posts
asshooking with a treble is too good for folks who steal like that.
damned sorry Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
All too common

Most fly shops have had rods walk out the door. I'm sure a bunch of smaller sized items leave too, but it takes some determination for a thief to set their sights on a 13 foot rod! Amazingly common. Every shop has stories.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also hate this but theres always the bad guy who gets caught. Ill keep an eye out out east.
Nick:tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Poppy i will keep an eye out for you as well

Poppy is a blessing to the sport an a gentleman an scholar. As for thievery may a white hot poker get rammed up yer balloon knot to the jerk who stole from him.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

1 - 20 of 27 Posts