Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a while since I've offered up choice morsels of stogie sweetness for trade. So...here we go. This weeks Stogie Swap includes a couple wonderful 5 packs of premium cigars, offering a broad spectrum of smoking pleasure. Each 5 pack will provide a very nice assortment to compliment most any occasion.

As a reminder...here is how it works.

You can elect to swap for a single 5 pack or step up for a trade for both 5 packs. I do have more cigars in my humidors to work with if we are looking at larger dollar trades...might even have a few Ashton's...shhh...don't tell anybody. I've worked trades in excess of $350 so I have lots of flexibility. WTT for cool stuff...even not so cool stuff...but spey or single hand fly fishing related. A few more trade ideas would be fly boxes, steelhead flies, Delta 7/8 with or without tips, could use a running line, leaders, reels, trout related gear as well...whatever...all in the name of fun. I have personally smoked each of these cigars and these are all wonderful cigars. I will cover shipping via Priority Mail to the US and the "swappee" will cover shipping to me.

Pack #1

Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Maduro - Created by Pepin and his son Jaime, this fine handmade employs a wonderful blend of Nicaraguan Corojo and Criollo long-leaf tobaccos inside a flavorful Broadleaf Maduro wrapper. The result is a medium to full-bodied smoke layered with deep, rich flavors. The aroma is spicy and sweet, complementing the smooth, leathery, and earthy flavors perfectly. Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ is handmade in Miami, in order to maintain a high level of quality control, making this a rare treat for the senses. Extremely limited cigar.

Graycliff 1666 - This rich, redolent beauty is easily the prettiest Graycliff made....its dark, toothy Jaltepec maduro wrapper was carefully selected, combined with an extensively-aged recipe of Peruvian, Columbian, Brazilian, and Mexican long-fillers, a multi-country mixture secured by an Ecuadorian Sumatra binder. The cigar is perfectly balanced, releasing a complex smorgasbord of unique flavors and mouthwatering aromas. Deep, smooth, notes of earth, nuts, and coffee coat the palate - leaving behind the faintest hint of sweet spices, completing a luxurious and memorable medium-bodied experience. One would expect nothing less from Graycliff.

Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ - The Don Pepin Series JJ is the top shelf blend made at Pepin's El Rey de Los Habanos factory in the Little Havana neighborhood of Miami. Each Series JJ is rolled using only the top tobacco available at the factory. The blend is incredibly full-bodied and full-flavored with a spicy aroma that's well-balanced with notes of leather and a long finish.

Gurkha Symphony - Smooth as silk. By all accounts, this 91-rated blend is a masterful one. It’s often compared to AVO cigars - indeed many would say it outpaces and outshines its rival, offering copious amounts of mellow, creamy smoothness. And despite its mild body, Gurkha Symphony delivers a genuine richness of flavor and complexity, even a smidge of spiciness on the palate.

Rocky Patel Signature Series - Rocky Patel Signature cigars. This supremely limited collection showcases Rocky’s trademark quality but in a new incarnation: a mild to medium-bodied blend with unparalleled balance. It all starts with a silky Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper encasing a recipe of Nicaraguan and Honduran fillers. This yields an exceedingly rich flavor profile - a richness not normally found in a milder cigar - plus a distinctive creamy, buttery goodness.

Pack #2

Gurkha Centurian - The Original Centurian, originally made for the Sultan of Brunei - a cigar so limited and exclusive that it was commissioned specifically by one of the wealthiest men in the world for his own private consumption. These cigars are hand-rolled from exquisite Cuban-seed ligero tobaccos grown in the Cibao Valley of the Dominican Republic, aged 8 full years, and hugged by gorgeous, dark, silky Connecticut wrappers fermented to perfection. This combination imparts a rich, very creamy taste with just the slightest hint of spice, and a mellow, pleasant, yet remarkable burst of flavor on the finish. This Perfecto shape is intriguing, a thick 60-ring perfecto that carefully tapers at both ends. Due to the demands of the tricky shape and quantity of aged tobaccos used in each cigar, only the most experienced torcedors in the factory are allowed to make the size, resulting in unerring consistency and flawless construction.

Montecristo Media Noche - Montecristo Media Noche: a beautiful, dark cigar graced by a thick Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper – oozing with natural oils. Under the wrapper resides a well-aged mixture of hand-selected long-fillers from Nicaragua, Peru and Dominican Republic. This hearty combination delivers ample oomph but in a balanced, enjoyable manner. It delivers an intense bouquet of flavor throughout, including a cedary core complemented by hints of leather and toastiness. The aftertaste is both sweet and spicy, satisfying each part of the palate equally with a savory, full-bodied cigar experience.

MONTECRISTO Media Noche - Montecristo Media Noche: a beautiful, dark cigar graced by a thick Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper – oozing with natural oils. Under the wrapper resides a well-aged mixture of hand-selected long-fillers from Nicaragua, Peru and Dominican Republic. This hearty combination delivers ample oomph but in a balanced, enjoyable manner. It delivers an intense bouquet of flavor throughout, including a cedary core complemented by hints of leather and toastiness. The aftertaste is both sweet and spicy, satisfying each part of the palate equally with a savory, full-bodied cigar experience.

Gurkha Symphony - Smooth as silk. By all accounts, this 91-rated blend is a masterful one. It’s often compared to AVO cigars - indeed many would say it outpaces and outshines its rival, offering copious amounts of mellow, creamy smoothness. And despite its mild body, Gurkha Symphony delivers a genuine richness of flavor and complexity, even a smidge of spiciness on the palate.

Auroro 1495 Series - La Aurora’s finest creation to date. La Aurora’s 1495 Series honors the the fertile valley of Cibao - home of today’s finest Dominican tobaccos - with a supremely-made, medium to full-bodied blend could be the factory’s greatest accomplishment to date. Combining a complex, but patiently aged, blend of Dominican Corojo and Dominican-seed ligero grown in Nicaragua, the 1495 is adorned with a stunning, marbleized Ecuadorian-grown wrapper leaf that’s thick, toothy and loaded with pop. Chewy hints of leather and spice excite the taste buds without overpowering the palate, keeping the flavors smooth and balanced from first light to your very last puff.

As you can see, these are all premium cigars. All top shelf stogies, worthy of the finest humidors and the best river memories.

Just PM me with whatever you have and we'll work out a trade. Greatly appreciate all of the folks who have helped make this thread fun.

Again, if you like this thread please join in and have fun. If you are not a fan, please don't flame me, just shoot me a PM to let me know. This is truly about mixing things up and having a little fun, bringing smiles to faces and putting a few great cigars on rivers across the country!

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stogie Swap

Well...this stogie swap is officially ended. Another successful trade...

Thanks again. May do one more...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Enquiring minds want to know:

What did you score for the smokes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts