Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

This is a Pezon et Michel Parabolic Grilse two hand bamboo rod, made by Pezon for Farlow’s of England that I have for sale. It's a 2-piece, 1-tip rod, 10’6” in length. It weighs 11-1/2 ounces. The rod was made for #7 and #8 lines. It has a 21” cork handle plus a rubber butt cap. The reel mounting hardware consists of a universal fixed hood piece with a sliding ring above – the hardware will accommodate virtually any reel foot even the long ones you find on old Hardy Perfects. There is a fixed loop hook-keeper just above the cork grip.

The rod is marked “Farlow’s, Parabolic Grilse, 10’6” #7/8, Made in Great Britain from, Pezon et Michel cane”. There is also a serial number that reads F.67.7.6 72 - this is a Farlow's number and I don't know their numbering code. It comes with its original Farlow's 2 compartment bag.

The rod is in fine condition. The sections are full length and straight. The ferrule fit is proper. I see no damage or signs of repairs to the rod. There are no chips or hook digs in the cane and I can see only a small scattered scuff or two in the finish. The wraps are all good with only a hint of dryness here and there. The rod obviously hasn't been fished much at all. The bag is in fine shape also, no holes or snags.

I'm asking $375 for the rod plus $14 for postage and insurance to the lower 48. PayPal only please and I'll pay their fees.

PM if interested.

Richard

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
This your 'Back to the Future' fly rod.

Have a very similar rod, one of the most beautiful bit's of kit I've ever owned. :x These rods 'demand' an old Hardy reel and a real silk fly line. Price wise I didn't hesitate to write the cheque for the same amount.

I got my monies worth!:smokin:

fae

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Fred,

Thanks for your note. The rod is an excellent one and well suited for the job.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Boo is the best.

Fred,

Thanks for your note. The rod is an excellent one and well suited for the job.
Over many years, I'm 73, I've been to many 'Spey Claves' and stacked rods/reels/lines that you could try. All 'plastic,' no 'life' save for a casting tool, one of 10,000 off a production line.

Boo's have life, you can 'see' the person matching the strips of cane, the wrapping, the 'life' that will be in your hands. Cast with your eyes closed, feel the flex.

Old Friend, now gone. An open question: Would you hand to your son a 'plastic rod,' 'This was my Grandfathers treat it with respect.'

The Boo, my first 2hander, hangs on my front room wall, Hardy reel, silk line that was handed to me. Look at that, lots of memories of fishing with Mr. Coles as a young man.

Skip the plastic and get a real rod!:saevilw:

fae

1 - 7 of 7 Posts