Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Redding CA on Thanksgiving and hope to pop over the hills for two short fishing trips. Anyone have any specific runs to recommend? I'd only have about 3 hours to fish on 2 occasions. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Get yourself the Trinity river map from Streamtime.com or order it from The Fly Shop in Redding. Fishing right now is good in the Junction City area. All the major runs that are accessible to the public via walking are listed on the Stream time map. Fishing is best the first hour of light. After that the masses of drift boats put the fish down. A secret: go to any drift boat launch site (as listed on the map) and walk upstream, the boats comming down to that take out from above won't be getting there for a few hours. Once you get a copy of the map PM me and I'll point you to a few runs. By Thanksgiving fishing will be good in the Lewiston area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Might want to take a look at Steiner Flat Road out of Douglas City-lots of nice water and the fish should be in there by the time you arrive. Upstream from Steel Bridge campground has some good water also-do some hiking and you will have the river to yourself.
slim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.