Spey Pages banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
flytie09
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a pile of bunny strips and no place to go….. I whipped up a dozen of these little babies. Hopefully the big bad Steelhead will come eat one soon. So close your eyes little bunnies and dream of carrots and clovers and chocolate eggs….. for its Steelhead season. 🎣

Animal product Organism Fish Feather Eyelash

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The most productive winter steelhead fly I have ever fished was a black bunny matuka with a blue flashy body and purple schlappen shoulder.

Sort of gave up on it when I started tying on shanks.

Take that middle bottom fly in your picture and do it with black bunny and you would have a near twin.

I have promised myself to move away from shanks this winter and toward Riach-type patterns. Now you've inspired me to include a few black bunnies, as well.

Thanks.

Nice flies.

·
Outerhebrides
320 Posts
With a pile of bunny strips and no place to go….. I whipped up a dozen of these little babies. Hopefully the big bad Steelhead will come eat one soon. So close your eyes little bunnies and dream of carrots and clovers and chocolate eggs….. for its Steelhead season. 🎣

View attachment 385125
those are awesome. Everyone on here is SO out of my league!

·
flytie09
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
those are awesome. Everyone on here is SO out of my league!
We all were beginners once. Except Ad, I forgot. Remember that. I wasn’t born with a bobbin in my hand….. lots of time and failed flies to make something I don’t mind sharing now. Many on here are way over my league…..but I still love sharing ideas and seeing other folks flies and thought process behind their construction. It’s all good here….. no one is going to laugh or belittle someone else’s work. Consider this a virtual fly shop or an interactive issue of Fly Tyer magazine with some of the most talented tyers and anglers across the globe.

This fly is as simple as it gets. There are 7 materials used and the hook is the most expensive at about $.30. That’s it. Give it a try.

·
Outerhebrides
320 Posts
We all were beginners once. Except Ad, I forgot. Remember that. I wasn’t born with a bobbin in my hand….. lots of time and failed flies to make something I don’t mind sharing now. Many on here are way over my league…..but I still love sharing ideas and seeing other folks flies and thought process behind their construction. It’s all good here….. no one is going to laugh or belittle someone else’s work. Consider this a virtual fly shop or an interactive issue of Fly Tyer magazine with some of the most talented tyers and anglers across the globe.

This fly is as simple as it gets. There are 7 materials used and the hook is the most expensive at about $.30. That’s it. Give it a try.
I will do it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts