Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visit my family in Redmond every Christmas and I would like to learn to fish local rivers 1-2 hours away.
I would like to meet fellow steel-header's and drive to walk-in access, however, I would also enjoy a guided (drive or float) trip.
Does anyone have any recommendations for public access, guides, or fly shops?
Is late December a good time to fish? Are there any special regulations?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Are you talking Redmond Washington or Oregon? I assume you mean Washington, in which case I'm no help.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
If you mean Redmond, CA ... good news.

The Rogue from Medford up has a LOT of summer runs (and early Winters will be showing up) still putting around the river. First get the 'Streamtime' river map of the Rogue as, dated as it may be, it's still 'dead on' as to access. A few more places since, but not enough to make a big difference. The fastest/nearest to I-5 is Tou Velle Park ($5.00 parking fee).

As for (true) fly stores the only one is in Ashland at the end of the main business district (that I can think of).

Guides, there are lots, but I'd recommend Nate Bailey (he posts here under his real name if memory serves). Knows the river well and has been quite successful as a (relatively new) guide.

Fred

1 - 3 of 3 Posts