Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Why on some of your videos Steelhead is removed from the water ???!!!!!!!:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy:

Hopefully this year the new regulation will be ratified to ban removal of fish ( C&R) form water.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The regulations don't say it is illegal to pick a fish up out of the water. We take good care of fish and only have them out of the water for a second or two, the best part of fishing is seeing it swim away to be caught another day.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Only b/c regulations don't say it for now ( there is good chance it will happen soon for a good reasons) it does not mean it is right. Any removal of already stressed fish is not beneficial for her survival. Many fish swims aways and then die hours/days later.

Personally, I think taking photos of fish removed form water is in most cases for an angler's self-esteem only.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally, I think taking photos of fish removed form water is in most cases for an angler's self-esteem only.
Well, if you feel so strongly about our fish molestation in BC, why don't you get off your high horse long enough to write a letter to DFO about it. Like I already said we take care of our fish. As far as I am concerned I follow the regs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sweet video

FYI DFO has allowed for 15 % mortality rate on all catch and release fish. I am pretty sure we don't want extremists ( not calling anyone here that) writing into fisheries and saying we can't catch and release( and handle with care) steelhead. My thoughts are ( for what they are worth) we have to touch and hold fish to get the hook out, one quick photo ain't gonna hurt as long as you give time for the fish to rest and allow it to swim away on its own power.

I think there are bigger fish to fry. Certain groups killing wild steelhead for food. When they already got a freezer full of salmon.

Sweet video is that skeena area?

·
Registered
241 Posts
If all these tree huggers have something to say about lifting the fish out of the water they should give up fishing all together and stop harassing the fish. Great job guys i LOVED THE VIDEO.

·
Registered
945 Posts
MH,

Did you use that 9140-3 I traded to you? I'd love to see that think doubled over with a toad on the other end.

Tom

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't used a different rod since we traded. I hope you like the rod I traded you as much as I like yours! My fish from the video are on the 9140-3 and it was perfect. :smokin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts