Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If time and money were no object and you could fish for steelhead on a single river for each month of the year when and where would it be.

You get twelve wishes... :roll:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Jan-Clearwater,
Feb-Clearwater,
Mar-Clearwater,
Apr-Clearwater,
May-Clearwater,
Jun-Clearwater,
July-Clearwater,
Aug-Clearwater,
Sept-Clearwater,
Oct-Clearwater,
Nov-Clearwater,
Dec-Clearwater

Sometimes the catching isn't good but the fishing is always great!!! :)

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
January: The North fork of the Hohducsaukskystillylamacowlicksalmonlewisthompschutesdeanskeenumprogue

... and I have to think about the other 11 months :wink:

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: Juro

I dont know about all 12 months

But I would die a happy man if I could spend 15 or 20 Julys through Decembers probing the Skeena and ALL her tribs...I stress ALL. Since money is of no concern, I'll have my own helicopter, jet boat, drift boat and a different spey rod for every day of the week.....

Otherwise, I could spend Jan - Apr on the Queets (and tribs)

May and June on the Sandy or Kalama

July - November on the Cowlitz

December.....Hmmmmm I guess I'd opt for the Bogacheil Hatchery shoulder to shoulder with the buzz bombers, in my flannel hat, and a bud Light, with a 4 pound gob of ROE! hahaha Just Kidding. I'd take December off to Snowboard in the Swiss Alps again, drink Gluvein, and admire the clothing (or lack thereof ) of the European women.......like I said, In a Perfect World..... :Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
"Clearwater?"

:confused:

Is that a trib. of the Rogue River in Southern Oregon, or the Smith River in Northern California? :D

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
any river

I'd be happy with any steelhead river in the world as long as my boss wasn't there, and I didn't have to carry a pager, cellphone, or laptop. No clocks either. Ahhh.... to live in a perfect world.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
And....

Since its a perfect world were talking about. That Irish looking girl from the Hardy ads could come along as my fishing companion.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Fishing companion

Jamey McLeod said:
Since its a perfect world were talking about. That Irish looking girl from the Hardy ads could come along as my fishing companion.
Hate to dissillution you Jamie but, according to Andy Murrey, the lass is Canadian.
But I wouldn't hold that against her. Not for a minute. :tongue:

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Canadian, Irish; Lake run, Native. I don't discriminate on the basis of geographic heritage. Beauty is beauty :Eyecrazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts