Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick one from tonight. Inspiration from John Sheweys book. Tied on an AJ 3/0.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
Nice work , can't go wrong with those colours on either coast and anywhere in between :smokin:
Love the body work and ribs , very tight !!
My opinion would be to shorten the eyes to 1/3 the body length my friend :)

Swing it and hold on tight !!

Mike

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. Going to tie up a few for a fishing trip, so the next ones I'll try a shorter JC.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I agree, those are steelhead colors - year-round anywhere. I like the glass-smooth rear body and the way it seems to glow. May be a tinsel body under there?

·
Registered
997 Posts
fishy colors, great contrast, long hackles.... everything seems to be in order here...
Good looking bug man!
J.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

The rear floss section was tied with 210 Denier Fl. Pink thread by Danville's laid flat and edge to edge. I then went over it with a strand of flattened out pink Glow Bright. It has UV properties which gives it that nice glow.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very nice work. Bet the steelhead won't notice the length of the eyes! But I must admit I learn a lot from the constructive criticism on this site. Great tiers here. My flies have improved a lot since I started following "Flies, Feathers, and Floss".

·
redneck hippie
30 Posts
Clean lines, good colours. I say that one makes it into the box fer sure. Nice tie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts