Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sticking with flies i can handle a little better...a bud found some heron and thought of me...I can get two maybe three flies out of the two feathers...

a start!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That's a fish catcher. Nicely dressed. I think you started the tip and tag at just right point, the body could be lengthened a wee bit more towards the head (looks like you may have extra space on that blind-eye to have dressed). Keep at it! You're on a nice drive and feel free to change lanes...ain't no traffic anyways.

Cheers!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very nice! Agree with suggested changes, but I know the fish won't mind. Fish with confidence. Tight lines!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I really hope this becomes your new confidence fly..just keep tying them and fishing them. Those long hackles are the **** in really cold, really slow, deep winter water. Then this time of year grease line near the surface at first and last light (and all day in-between).. and when no one is looking you riffle the thing and wake it because you know thats what I'd be doing..

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill tie up a bunch and some easier married wings, some i'll tent and I'm gonna fish um...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts