Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Unregistered member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really shouldn't sell this but I almost never use it - maybe 20-30 minutes once every few years. There aren't even any scuffs on the ferrules. Somebody needs to give it the use it deserves.

This rod is unlike my 9 weight in that this one has that sweet GLX-type action which feels soft and easy-casting yet can boom a line to 80 or 90 feet if needed. It's almost unfortunate that these rods weren't priced higher to compete with the other rods on the market at the time as it's a pretty impressive stick. It comes paired with a limited-run mid-arbor disc reel that matches the reel seat hardware. There's no clicker in it (by design) so it sounds silky and is very, very smooth with no wobble.

Asking 300 for the combo, shipped to CONUS. Comes with St Croix's sectioned tube and for the reel, the neoprene reel case. Trades considered, just ask - at this point I'm looking toward higher end 3, 5 or 7 weight sticks, Simms gear, a bonefish-quality reel for 6 to 9 weight outfits, or something interesting I haven't thought of (small Yeti cooler, etc). Checks, cash, or Paypal all ok - checks clear before shipping, however. Pics on request - it's a fairly striking outfit, and my phone won't let me upload them to a hosting site for some reason.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts