Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

So! Due to the demand I will be doing another run of the SSBC scissors. The cut off date will be May 8th, so please get your funds in asap. Price is still $37, of course you are welcome to contribute more funds, like many of you have already done.

They measure 4'' in length with a black anodized finish and yes its real gold plating. It's Japanese steel with German technology, a serrated blade, super fine points and a tension adjustment. They will be engraved with SSBC on the blade.

To order yours please email me [email protected] and put scissors in the title.

After this second run is finished I will be posting how much money was raised for the SSBC.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has supported this effort to raise funds for the SSBC.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
For anyone on the fence, its absolutely worth it. Great product and even better cause! Thanks again for all your effort Ben.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Absolutely worth it

I was lucky enough to handle these scissors in person at the M&Y Clave yesterday and I'll be sending on my money ASAP. (I wasn't able to talk him out of his demo pair, the last ones left.) These scissors are the nicest I have seen in the fly tying world to date. They feel great in the hand, will cut well for ages dues to the tension adjustment and they also really look the part. I'm kicking myself for missing the first run!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Scissors

BEST I HAVE EVER USED....SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!

.... I'll be getting another pair for sure.

Great job on these, Ben ..... And for a great cause.

·
Registered
124 Posts
These scissors are seriously awesome, haven't tied with them yet, but I couldn't find my nippers while I was tying up a couple leaders, so I grabbed the scissors. 40 pound mono cuts like it's 5x. Buy a pair!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Email coming your way.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just now finishing a round of tying (also for a fund raiser :rolleyes:) and have to say that I do like the ones I'm working with. Big finger holes, sharp, pointy, micro serrations, adjustable, a pretty blue stone thingy and best part yet SSBC gets the part of the cake left on the table. If you want to help wild steelhead in BC and want something cool to show other than that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you do something for something else (wild steelhead) maybe consider buying a pair of these. Or, maybe you want to support the SSBC by purchasing our other swag; here is our on-line store:http://www.steelheadsociety.org/catalog or you could just give us the money instead :D (hit the donate tab) where excepting the paypal and other processing fees we get 100% of the money you spend. http://www.steelheadsociety.org/donate

Footnote: its nice to see the support in person. I get bashed a fair amount by mental midgets for my opinions and for the effort and hundreds of hours I volunteer. We just wrapped up a 3 day Cast and Blast event in Squamish and the M+Y Clave the following weekend. It is nice to see the support from people, it keeps you motivated. Afterall, we really all are on the same side of this

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is super cool. I'm totally floored at how many of you are getting a second third or fourth pair!? Looks like this second run was a good idea.

Again big thanks to everyone who has taken part.

Ben

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a reminder the deadline is approaching so please make sure you have sent your funds in guys.

Many thanks

Ben

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guys

Ok deadline has past and the scissors have been paid for. There are still some pairs that have been ordered but I have yet to receive the funds, so please make sure you have sent yours in.

Thanks all

Ben

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, I`m a dead ass....BUT if you decide to take late orders or if you do another run please let me know. Got the cash waiting. Thanks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok here is an update for everyone.

The scissors have cleared USA customs, so I should see them early this coming week. They will be mailed out as soon as I get them ( all envelopes are labeled and ready to go) so that means most of you should see them in a little over a week.

Thanks everyone

Ben

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Jan

They just showed up so I will be packaging them up and they will shipped out this weekend.

Thank everyone

Ben

1 - 19 of 19 Posts