Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pin cushion
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last cork ring on the blank end of my 15ft Glx seems to be a little loose and squeeks when I make my forward cast (drives me nuts) :eek: . Is there any secret tips to fix it or should I just send it in for repairs?
Thanks,
Twohand

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I think the best solution is to plan how long you can do with out the rod, then grab the offending cork, give it a good sharp twist to separate it - then send it in to get fixed.

I think it is only a matter of time until it happens while you are fishing. The constant flexing will eventually break what is clearly a poor bond. If you know you are going to have some down time from fishing it may be best to get it done then as at least you will have some control over the situation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beaconbeige

Twohand - I wouldn't try to twist it off to seperate it as your likely to damage further cork rings. It is possible to get a needle ( large bore) and syringe, fill it with 2 part devcon (or similar) 5 minute epoxy, pierce the cork with the needle to the place on the blank which you think is loose, and with a lighter, heat the epoxy until it's flowing and inject into the cork. If there is any overspillage, you can clean up with denatured alchohol or something similar. This has worked for me in the past. Alternatively, you could find a rodbuilder in your area.
Try posting the question to the guys at Rodbuilding.org, you sure to get plenty of suggestions and a solution there. http://www.rodbuilding.org/list.php?f=2
Best wishes,
Beaconbeige

1 - 3 of 3 Posts