Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springers Next week

The new boss wants a couple of days spring salmon fishing in Scotlsand next week any Ideas ,wheres fishing ,wheres available ???? Hes taking me so cant be bad
Help please
Andy W :smokin:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Andy,
You don't give a chap much chance, see your private email.

Malcolm

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

the new boss doesnt give me a lot of chances either , got to get him to settle on which days ,its looking like Tweed at the moment .though sensible spaces are dissapearing fast on fishtweed and cant get a clear window till this afternoon
:eyecrazy:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dRYBERG n +tWEEDSWOODF

Malcom ,
thanx for input , we'll be driving north from the great smog early wed , any pattern suggestions ."any body"HELP :smokin:

·
Registered
886 Posts
If it's the spring it has to be

a Willie Gunn or for a change a Ali Shrimp. The river will be low it hasn't rained in Scotland for most of March in and out like a lamb.

Try smaller flies than you would normally expect at this time of the year, certainly the Spey is at summer levels. Just seen the weather forcast a lot of rain coming in before Wednesday + a cold wind. Sounds like wonderful spring fishing weather.

Malcolm:hehe:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Succsess

malcom ,a combination of luck and a bit of good advice from yourself and Kevin the ghillie at Tweedswood put me into the first springer Ive had for a few years .
The fly a#12 holo shrimp in allys colour ,the line Hardy sinktip,the rod B+W expert ,the location at the head of the long run down to the old rail viaduct .was just thinking hot bath ,hot food ,cool drink ,get out of these waders ,well just a couple more casts ,cast 1 cast two and away goes the line .
Fished Dryburgh as well ,a much more interesting beat and was full of fish .
Think I may be up again soon .:smokin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts