Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As we inch closer to salmon season I took some time to capture some neat footage of steelhead on some local tributaries as they migrate and prepare their Redds for their spring spawn. This segment was shot on 2 separate days separated by about 2 weeks where they went from heavily migrating to nestling into their spawning stretches 40kms up river.

This was my first time capturing steelhead like this. I think I'm going to make a habit of doing this yearly! Might even try the salmon run too in the fall!

Here it is:

Thanks for watching,

Dan

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Great work Dan,
I've never thought I'd see steelhead leaping rapids like salmon let alone three at once! You must be near the great lakes?!
It's comforting to see them doing their thing, with so few left in the west.
I look forward to the salmon film.
Thanks for that,
Lief

·
Registered
56 Posts
WOW!!!! I am totally blown away by that, much more than I anticipated. What an amazing miracle unfolding before your/our eyes. You were at the right places at the right time to capture the moment with such artistry. Your production was as amazing as the miracle itself. You must be a professional? Thanks for sharing what I would have otherwise never have had a chance to see. Amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts