Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

Unreal flies posted in the last week! Super tying!

Its been a little while since I sat down and tied a few, so I just messed around for a bit with some colors that have been good to me in the spring in the past. I used 2 materials that I have not used before in this fly, Finn Raccoon (I love this stuff!) and Polar Chenille (not so much love, it is fishy stuff tho). A really mixed style Heinz 57 fly with bits from hairwing tubes, Hoh-bo's, dees, Popsicles, well... you name it. Hackle tips in the tail for some butt wiggle, long shank with a size 4 short trailer. Just a cool fly that I think will get some attention if I can put it in the right spot, the marabou and raccoon should move nice.

Cheers.
J.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
you must have opened just about every material drawer you have for this one! very cool concept and my guess is it will fish great! I used to use that polar chenille a lot back when I caught fish, i used that stuff for a lot of experimentation with UV, my conclusion is that UV polar chenille is a FISH CATCHER!! The stuff looks crazy in the water and the fish seem to love it

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I second the use of polar chenille great stuff, but mostly use natural material now.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Lovely tie, great use of materials

Thanks for sharing

Mike

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers fellas. I dig this one too and I am looking forward to swinging this one and playing around a little more with this Raccoon.

Bwana Bill. that is a fact sir I do like my baby blue flies with an orange butt, far and away the most lucky for me.

J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts