Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it's colder than hell!

This past weekend, for the mini-'Clave out side temps were in the high 80's, dropped to the low 80's on Monday.

And now I'm watching it snow like heck on the hills across from the house. Suposed to get more interesting tomorrow.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah, we sure didn't have much of a fall, kinda disappointed, my favorite season.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weather today in So. Oregon has to be seen to be ..

belived.

Don't like the weather ... wait an hour .. it will get worse.

Snowing off and on all afternoon on the hills that circle our area. "Clean the Garage!!! (Does that sound like a squeek from "The Redhead?")

So, I'm out doing my thing, and the electronic temp. gage is going up/down 15, or more, degrees per hour. Drops .. snow. up .. it's sunshine .. drops .. more snow on the hills.

Finally got to the point where I said to SELF: screw this!!

fae

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fred, reminds me of a joke I heard about the hard core steelheader who never missed Sunday morning on the river until the day finally came when he couldn't get the SUV out of the driveway because of the snow. Reluctantly he stowed his gear back in the garage and tiptoed back to bed with other things in mind. He climbed into bed and snuggled into his wife complaining that it was the coldest morning he could remember. His wife replied, "yeah, and that silly [email protected]#$^ of a husband of mine went fishing anyway.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Story also reminded me of an old "Woody's World"..

cartoon.

He's standing in the river in a driving rain storm, wife is on the beach watching her husband.

Caption under the cartoon was to the effect of: 'I really do wonder who the steelhead really is?'

fae

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fred re the winter in Oregon

We used to spend the last week in October and the first in November in your area and the coast. Then after driving home in snow storms or in Oregon in snow storms, we changed our schedule to visit in mid to late September.

Our first clue should have been the 1,000's of rvs and trailers heading south on I5 with Oregon or Washington license plates each day as we headed north on I5.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger that on the I-5 southbound traffic.

Interesting thing is 1,000 of Canadian Geese now call this area ' home' year-round. RV ... our new version of 'Snow Birds.'
:hehe:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fred Evans re so called Canadian Geese

Do any Canadian Geese ever go back to Canada?

It seems like most them stay south year round to eat what farmers can raise or to irritate golfers on golf courses.

They have to be the original illegal aliens.:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GS, I wouldn't touch that post ..

with anyone's " 10 foot poll."

:whoa:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts