1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a couple of unfortunate anglers.

My friend has broken the top section male spigot ferule on his T&T
XL906 4 pcs.
I have broken my top section male spigot on my T&T XL864 4 pcs.

Where can we get or who can make such ferules. In Europe we dont have rod manufacturers making spigots anymore.
In US I believe that today only Winston and Scott make these fabulous ferules !!!!

Looking forward to some great help, as usual on this page!

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Michael,

If you have not already done so, I would first contact T&T and explain your situation...A phone call is best.

Mention the Forum...It will probably help !

Another option that you may consider would be to send the damaged tips and matching sections to Ralph O Quinn, Washington State,USA.

He is the owner/developer of the U-40 epoxy systems...Also a master rod builder. He is very familiar with spigot ferrule repair.

If you wish I can forward contact info so that you may consider his services.

Bob Meiser

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ferules HELP

Hi Bob and Peter.

Sorry that it took time to reply, but I have been abroad a while.

Many thanks for your great help and Bob I would like to get more contact info for Mr Quinn in Washington.

Daiwa i Scotland is not interested in such a small assignment.

Thanks again

Michael

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Michael -

Not sure I understand, did you contact T&T?

T H O M A S & T H O M A S R O D M A K E R S, I N C.
627 Barton Road · Greenfield · Massachusetts · 01301
PHONE: 413-774-5436 · FAX: 413-774-5437

Our sponsors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Juro.

Yes, several times, they dont make XL series anymore and do not make spigots anymore. They cannot even cover the guarantee
on the XL and Heritage series and suggest an XL-2 or other type instead.

T&T has become like any other superlarge supplier, for which I and many others are very sad and sorry.

But - perhaps I have spoken to the wrong person !!!!!

Michael

J

·
0 Posts
For one thing, T&T is not anything close to a large company. I have also found that they go out of their way to try and accomodate customers whenever possible. Try contacting Trevor Bross ([email protected]) to see if he might be able to help you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ferule help

Hi JP.

I appreciate your opinion and information that T&T is not a large company, however changed significantly since they moved manufacture facilities. Not that we should cont to discuss T&T, cause I actually like T&T, but their business and service strategy is largely changed (I am a great T&T fan and they make great things and I have a big selection of T&T rods).

The problem is the change in making the "new" type rods with carbon to carbon ferules instead of spigot. They simply do not make the spigots (which altogether is a shame) and the old type XL/Heritage series anymore - see thats the problem. So even if Trevor wanted to help he obviously cant´- I have spoken to Trevor many times regarding this and other items.

Sorry if I upset you, that was not my intension, I am just a dissapointed guy that cant get what I want for my old XL rod.

Michael

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Michael,

Mail me if you still wish to consider Mr. OQuinn's services, and I will return his address.

It may work out that he can help...I've known Ralph for several years... A retired composites engineer and chemist with Boeing, Seattle.

He started the U-40 rod building epoxy systems a while back, and is doing quite well with it... A family run business.

But his passion is, and always has been building rods...More then likely he would consider your small project as he does lot's of rod repair regionaly.

At any rate it wouldn't hurt, as he's a delightful man to chat with !

B. Meiser

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
if he can't help,i can ask a rodbuilder i know,he's been at it for way over twenty years,e-mail me if you can't find help,i'll be contacting him today on another deal.will ask about spigots just purchased an older anglish rod with them...Dennis:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ferules help

Dear All.

Its truly great that your´ all trying to help me out, that I sincerely appreciate.

Yes Bob I would very much like to get Mr. Quinns details to try and talk with him.

Many thanks.

Michael

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Hammer. (and Bob)

Thanks your concern. At the moment my job is blowing down my neck and I havnt´ really had a lot of time - at home !
Actually I am a bit too stupid, cause now I have been in the States twice for the past month and could have brought the sticks.

I was looking for the contact to Ralph O Quinn from Bob and to try that way first.

But I would like to get your contact aswell so I can get startet.
The brownie season is closed over here now and until March anyway, so time should be sufficient.

Thanks again.

Michael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts