Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
loco alto!
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you store your long rods in the boat (I have a driftboat) while floating, and are you happy with the arrangement?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Steve, i stand them up in a rod rack i have in the front of the drift boat. I can see them at all times. Am i happy with it ?, yes and no but i have not found anything better yet. If i am going to pull in under trees i just pull the rods out of the top part of the rack and lay them down with the tips facing backwards. That way they are not sticking out of the boat. You can see the rack in the pic. On my 15' raft i am working on a way to carry 2 handers as safe as possible but that is a work in progress,tight lines,brian

Attachments

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,480 Posts
I have the same thing only it is at the stern. It does keep the rear seat from being used but I rarely if ever float with more than 2 other people. I added a tight bungee cord across the rack to snug the rods in place and have a piece of aluminum channel mounted on the floor under the rowing seat for the rod butts to rest on. With this system, the rods can either be carried pointing skyward or resting at a roughly 45 degree angle out the back. It isn't fancy but it does the trick.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
never happy

with two-handers and a drifter,seems like a hot setup but,just a pain!,,,of course meiser has a 6 piece,,,or is it a 5,hmmm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts