Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Game& Fish officers across the Pacific Northwest ought to start testing handle pressures of all Anglers successfully landing winter Steelhead.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,531 Posts
Shouldn't require more than one or two tests a season :chuckle:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Kinda depends on what she looks like.

I think Game& Fish officers across the Pacific Northwest ought to start testing handle pressures of all Anglers successfully landing winter Steelhead.
'Impure thoughts' are rolling through my mind.:smokin:

·
JD
3,636 Posts
?

Not sure exactly what is meant by "handle pressure" although I will opine on whatever it involves. The folks tasked with enforcing our Fish & Game laws are government employees. Giving them more regulations to enforce will eventually lead to more & bigger government, hiring more employees. Higher taxes, fees in one form or another to pay for such. Not a good thing in my book. These people have enough to do trying to keep poachers at bay. We do not need to invent more regulations for them to enforce. And in Oregon, it is the state or county police that enforce these regs. They have a difficult enough time with real criminal issues. Would you rather they focus their attention on the drug dealer or someone who roughs up a fish once in a while?

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
And in Oregon... Would you rather they focus their attention on the drug dealer...
Hey, that's not an issue anymore since the last election is it?:smokin:

·
JD
3,636 Posts
Quit with the insinuations

If you are trying to make a point, say what's on your mind. Don't beat around the bush. This mornings paper (Medford Mail Tribune) has an article of a convicted drug dealer, an illegal who was deported in 2013 following his release from prison & within four months was back in the US selling drugs & was in custody by December of that year, has now been sentenced to 57 months in prison.

What did the November elections have to do with that?

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,531 Posts
Whoa, take deep breath folks. I believe the OP was making a tongue in cheek reference to the New England Patriots and the little problem they currently have.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
"We followed all the rules."

Hey JD, no point intended, just poking at Oregon's new business venture. And talk about being distracted, the Idaho State Police are spending more time now running down the "runners" coming out of the NW high-flying zone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Keep it Dry! 😀

Most Excellent !!
Keep your Martini,Powder, Flies, Humour .......Dry

Well played ..... Handle the natives gently !

·
Registered
895 Posts
Whoa, take deep breath folks. I believe the OP was making a tongue in cheek reference to the New England Patriots and the little problem they currently have.
Thanks for the clarification, as I didn't quite "catch" that when I first read it.

Got a bit lost in Fred's response! Whatever was on his mind seems more fun!!!

-Bill

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, as I didn't quite "catch" that when I first read it.

Got a bit lost in Fred's response! Whatever was on his mind seems more fun!!!

-Bill
I think a lot of people get lost in Fred's responses. :confused: Definitely has his own language. :chuckle: But they are a pleasure to read, keep'm coming Fred!:smokin:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Like he says.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts