Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leroy I love your rod.
Leroy’s Special Burkhimer
Leroy let me cast this rod for the first time at the Sandy last year and said at the time that it need some tweaking.
Later last year Leroy brought the rod up to Carnation for me to cast again.
If performed pretty good for a 15ft 10 or may be 11.
We cast it again in November at my Annual Speyclave still need a little tweaking
Was getting better though.
I was feeling rather feisty today and so I figured I would try Highlander II Leroy’s Special Burkhiner.
We stacked on a 11/12 Carron 85 ft Tournament line and cast it talk about a rocket sled.
This was a match made in heaven there would be on effort with this combination to get to the backing knot.
Next one the Skagit 10/11 with a cheater and 15 foot tip.
This rod went clockwork Orange on me you could cast as much line as you wanted with any effort at all.
Kept thinking where is the backing knot but it never got there but there will always be next week.

:lildevl:

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some Clarification please.

The minute I made this post my e-mail box fill up with inquires.
The Burkheimer Leroy Special Speyrod which we were working with was made by the C. F. Burkheimer Rod Company for Highlander II (AKA Brian)

There is some confusion with the fact that Highlander II was in the River Run Angler’s Group that helped developed the Highlander series of Speyrod for R.B Meiser Rod company.
I hope that this clears matters up. :confused:
:Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Good equipment

has always been supported well in these pages. Complements to Dana and members for the honesty, but without that, how useful would it be.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Speybum, Since you last cast my rod we have tweeked it more. I have a butt section that is half way between Highlander II's and the original. Every one that casts the rod for the first time loves it.
See you,
Leroy.........................

·
Registered
630 Posts
Leroy, Sounds interesting, Hope I will be able to make a few casts with the new butt section. I have been extremely happy with my rod as a long belly dry line throwing cannon, I have yet to hit the max this rod can cast it just keeps asking for more grains. Actually thinking about ways to tame it down a bit for sink tip fishing with long lines. Thinking about multiple butt sections and tips to fit different situations. Will be fun to talk to you about this and compare notes at the Sandy.

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Leroy,

I look forward to testing out the new butt section. Hopefully I will be able to make the Sandy for a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts