Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with a fellow recently who said "Speypages has become a really popular site among spey casters in North America. Everyone involved in speycasting seems to know about it."

I said "Not only popular in North America, but we have visitors from around the world too!"

Speypages International?

You bet!

We have regular visitors (in no particular order) from Canada, the United States, Britain, Scotland, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, France, Germany, Russia, Iraq, South Africa, Australia, Korea, Japan, Argentina and others.

Great to have you all here!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Multinational ?

I`ve often wondered where different folks are from on here. Quite often I find myself flicking to their profile to check out their "home waters", often no wiser afterwards.
Would it be an idea to have a little flag on each persons avatar, so we all would know whose our neighbour, and whose our international buddy.
I know Sean has a lot on his plate, but it would be a nice touch, and once set-up, would run itself !

Just a thought !

Cascade, (from Ireland, that`s the little speck to the left of the UK)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dana:

I have been to 3 different fly fishing shows over the past 3 weeks on the east coast and have had folks approach me at every show and tell me that they are avid spey pages viewers/participants. As I begin to head west this week I know that I will encounter many more!

Everyone I have spoken to really enjoys the site. Keep up the good work!

Bill

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
International Spey Pages Participants...

STEP FORWARD, please. It will be fun to count the number of countries, other than the US and Canada, from which posts are received.

I'll begin because my home, California, is certainly not part of the US.

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Tennessee, where Bubba figures a spey rod is a stump pullin' lever.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here I am

London, England. The centre of the world and the place where all your dirty bath water drains to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We are also recent escapees from the People's Republic of California, seeking cultural assylum here in the Pac.N.W.

Never looked back. :razz: Love it here!

Robert

·
Registered
150 Posts
Scotland the home to all things speycasting, anything else is just not "SPEY":chuckle:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Guess?

From the land that brought you whiskey, golf, tartan, penicillin, the telephone, and not forgetting Spey casting...........need any more clues?:hihi:
Mike

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
CaneSpeyer said:
We are also recent escapees from the People's Republic of California, seeking cultural assylum here in the Pac.N.W.

Never looked back. :razz: Love it here!

Robert
Almost spit my morning coffee all over the key board. We, of the "People's Republic of Ashland (Oregon)" Sooo-Lute you. About 35% of the present residents of Ashland are retired/replanted Kalifornian's. 1 in 4 of current home sales are to "out of state" residents.:saevilw:

Want to live here? Bring BIG BUCKS and join the 'bidding wars.':(

Another suggestion if I may; Board names we may have, but how about 'signing' your posts with your 'full name' so folks know who you really are/are from.
Fred

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Spit my morning coffee

I too must admit to being an escapee from the "Peoples Republik of Kalifornia" After being held captive for forty years, I was finally pardoned for my sins, and got the hell out while the getting was good.:chuckle:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Alaskan actually (1972 - 1989 ), Norkali now but intensely glassin' the territories north of me!

·
Hall Monitor
497 Posts
North Delta, B.C.

Go Huskies!!:lildevl:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
California, is certainly not part of the US

Bob Pauli said:
STEP FORWARD, please. It will be fun to count the number of countries, other than the US and Canada, from which posts are received.

I'll begin because my home, California, is certainly not part of the US.
Yes, Brother Bob, we live in the land of fruits and nuts and sometimes the combo of fruity nuts here in California.:roll:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts